Date(s) - 19/11/2017
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Lichfield Community Fire Station
Safe Space training is now a mandatory requirement for leaders working on the Leadership Qualification. The training introduces Girlguiding’s Safety and Safeguarding Policy to leaders to help them create a safe space for girls and to support them in dealing with safeguarding issues affecting children and young people.
When participants have completed this training, they should have a greater awareness of safeguarding issues affecting children and young people and have had the opportunity to:
- Discuss Girlguiding’s Safety and Safeguarding Policy and procedures;
- Identify where risk assessment fits within planning a unit programme;
- Identify the signs of different types of abuse, including physical, sexual, emotional and neglect;
- Explore different types of bullying, including cyberbullying, and how these can be addressed;
- Discuss how to create a safe cyberspace for young members.
Bookings Open: Now
Bookings Close: 12th November 2017
Bookings are closed for this event.