- Remember to always complete a Residential Event Notification Form when going overseas. A minimum of 12-18 months before travel is required. A copy must be sent to your commissioner and Natalie Ainsworth – County International Adviser.
- You may find the Travelling Abroad Aid useful when you begin to plan your trip.
- Risk Assessments – sample risk assessments are available on the Girlguiding national website.
- Girlguiding Staffordshire has made available a small amount of money to which applications can be made from divisions, districts and units within the county by completing the International Grant Application Form. All applications must be received into the County Office no later 31st December each year. To qualify, the international opportunity must have received approval from the Division Commissioner and the County International Adviser must have been advised of the event.
- If you would like to be considered for a Girlguiding Staffordshire international trip then please complete the Applicant Form and return it to the County International Adviser at the address on the form.
Below you will find a list of useful links to pages that may help you when deciding on, or planning, your international adventure.
Global Opportunities Pool
Do you want to represent Girlguiding at a UN conference, or take part in a WAGGGS seminar? Would you like to visit a World Centre? If the answer is yes, you should join the Global Opportunities Pool. The Global Opportunities Pool brings together Girlguiding members who are interested in representing Girlguiding at international conferences and seminars.
Guiding Overseas Linked with Development (GOLD) enables young women to develop their potential and make a difference in the world. It’s a fantastic opportunity for guiding members to travel overseas, improve their skills, experience an amazing new culture and know that they’re having a long-term impact.
With ten million Girl Guides and Girl Scouts from 146 countries across the world, the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) is the largest voluntary movement dedicated to girls and young women in the world.
The Guide Friendship Fund
The Guide Friendship Fund (GFF) helps overseas Guide Associations by funding projects that improve the lives of girls and young women, and benefit their communities. It also helps units or Associations affected by natural disasters or emergencies such as flooding or fire.
One of your first thoughts when planning any trip is insurance. Unity Insurance has been appointed by Girlguiding to look after your specific guiding insurance needs.
All of the consent, health and planning forms can be found in one place on the Forms for events and activities page of the Girlguiding website.